Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hibernia Redux

Sunday's duathlon at Hibernia was a big success. Sara bailed me out, again, by assuming the running responsibilities and letting me focus on the bike. We even shaved 10 minutes off last year's time in spite of keeping Sara up way past her bedtime on Saturday (bad parents).

Now on a related note...

A Stanford University report determined that "psychological factors appear to inflame back pain." Now I'm not suggesting that fear, uncertainty, or doubt was a factor in a certain father daughter team not showing up for Sunday's race, because I have seen the daughter play ball and I know SHE is a very tough competitor. But just in case, I did some research and confirmed that the $55 registration fee that was forfeited would have paid for a self-help book on overcoming your fears. Just a thought.

Chris

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
– Greg LeMond

No comments:

Post a Comment