Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Wednesday to Remember

All we could eat
The day started with my bike and roof rack being violently ripped off my car and unceremoniously thrown into into the driveway. But it ended with a couple of hours of sweet single track, wings, and some beer with friends. I would call that a net gain.

This morning's culprit was the basketball hoop hanging over my driveway at the perfect height to snag the handlebar of a roof mounted bike. Hundreds of times I have backed out of the driveway, peeking through the moon roof, expertly guiding the car and it's valuable payload around the net with inches to spare. This morning not so much.

This afternoon's culprit was the trio of spectacular springtime weather, three riding buddies, and the buff single track of White Clay. Adrenaline and fresh air made up for a winter of atrophy and we ripped the sh*t out of those trails for a couple of hours, having more fun than is normally allowed for a Wednesday afternoon.  The ride even helped Mark avoid a minor surgical procedure and a $35 copay (sorry I can't figure out how to elaborate without disgusting my Mom who I know reads this blog).

We decided to cap the ride with a beer at McGlynn's. Turns out that Wednesday is all you can eat wings. Oh yeah. The morning driveway calamity was a distant memory...

“Like dogs, bicycles are social catalysts that attract a superior category of people” 
     -- Chip Brown


1 comment: