Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Yellowstone National Parkapalooza

My Girls in The Grand Tetons
Eight nights in eight locations. Jackson Wyoming, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and a quick jaunt into Montana just so we could say we went to Montana.  Accommodations would range from one room log cabins to the iconic Old Faithful Inn. This was our great American national park adventure.

I was concerned that nine days might be too much, that we’d be geyser’d and buffalo’d out by day three. It turned out that nine days was not nearly enough. There were so many distractions; it took 4-5 hours to drive just 50 miles a day. And best of all is that after spending 24x9 hours together as a family we were still laughing and enjoying each other’s company.

Highlights included a buffalo (bison) stampede experienced FROM THE INSIDE, swimming in the boiling river (yes it was freezing cold and it was boiling hot at the same time), an awesome mountain bike adventure outside of Jackson, and a couple of bear encounters one of which made me quite a celebrity at the Old Faithful Inn.

I’ll be posting stories and photos in the next few weeks, it is just taking a while to collect my thoughts and dig out from the backlog at work.

Chris

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." 
     -- John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment