Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Perfect Storm

The view in front. Virgin singletrack.
Today we had the perfect storm. It was perfect because:

  • It was a Sunday which means no hunting in Pennsylvania.
  • I had a belly full of bacon and waffles.
  • I had just finished putting up the Christmas lights.
  • It was a snow storm and anyone who bikes in a four-season climate knows that riding in the snow in the woods is just awesome.
  • I got home in time to watch the 2nd half of a memorable Eagles home game played in 8 inches of snow. The way football is supposed to be played.
The view in back. A single track (mine).
In front of me was miles of virgin singletrack, covered by 3" of fresh sticky snow. In back of me was a single knobby tire track snaking through the woods. In the middle was me. Pure Nirvana.

Chris
"Cycling is like church-many attend but few understand"
     -- Jim Burlant

No comments:

Post a Comment