Monday, March 16, 2009

bitter SWEET

For many of us, this weekend was the first ride in weeks or even months. For me personally it was a bitter sweet experience. Bitter because my heart wanted way more than my body could deliver. Sweet because it was still fun, even when stuff that used to be easy was anything but. Anyway I choose to focus on the sweet because well, it's sweet, and because I know the bitter will be a distant memory after a few weeks of springtime riding. 

The MCSP trails are in good shape, even the Creative Playthings trail which is sort of a "canary in a coalmine" for riding conditions there. I would rate the trails 8.0 out of 10 (they'd be 8.5 except for the chop from the equestrian traffic). I intend to ride at least 1x before a mid-week business trip. I'll be opportunistic unless someone else wants to sync up and ride together. You know the drill...

Chris

P.S. If you're wondering about the photo, it's of a trail called Bittersweet located somewhere in central Missouri. Roadie anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment