Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wake Up Call

Rode Harmony Hill today. First real hills I have seen in probably two months of hotel fitness centers and an occasional milk run at Marsh Creek.

Yikes.

There is something to be said about "bike" fitness. I didn't have it. I rode the technical uphill sections like a 3rd grade schoolgirl, caught a pedal and almost went down on the black trail, and was totally gassed after barely an hour of riding. Granted it was 100% anaerobic and I've been focused entirely on aerobic training, but still it was very alarming. Not discouraging (I know I'll get it back) but alarming because I don't have much time...June and the rocky mountains will be here (or more precisely I will be there) in three short months.

It's on.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice words, good to know someone is on the other end! Most of my biking buds are old school, not big blogging / commenting types...

    ReplyDelete