Thursday, December 31, 2009

No Better Way

Is there any better way to wrap up a year of SEPA mountain biking than with a fresh snow ride?

No, I don't think so.

The soft hissing sound from my wheels as they glide through the fresh snow. The grip of freshly packing snow when I stand to power up a hill. The smoothness of the ride, all the tiny bumps have disappeared. The fresh fox and rabbit trails criss-crossing the trail in front of me. The utter quiet.

I didn't have much in the tank after yesterday's ride, but it was so special I rode some trails twice, following my own track in the snow. Chatted for a while with another biker, said "hi" to two others. Everyone grinning ear to ear. It felt like we had stumbled upon some big secret. Ride ride ride before the rest of the world discovers it.

I hear there is more snow on the way tomorrow morning. If I am able to turn a crank, I will be out there...

Chris

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and...I took the one less traveled by,...And now where the hell am I? "
-- unknown

1 comment:

  1. HI, there!

    Just clicked on the 'next blog' at the top of the screen and found your blog. My blog is all about bikes too but I'm based in the UK. If you get the time, check out http://novisiblelycra.blogspot.com

    Matt

    ReplyDelete